10 Facts About Belief In One God: Tawheed
1. Allaah is the One True God worthy of worship.
“Verily, I am Allaah. There is no deity worthy of worship (ilaah) except I. So worship Me (Alone), and establish the prayer for My remembrance.” (Qur’an, 20:14)
2. Allaah is the Creator, Maintainer and Lord (Rabb) of all that exists.
“All praises and thanks be to Allaah, the Lord of all existing worlds.” (Qur’an, 1:1)
3. Nothing happens except what Allaah allows to happen.
“And no calamity strikes except by Allaah’s Permission.” (Qur’an, 64:11)
4. All worship must be directed towards Allaah.
“Say, “Verily, my prayers, my sacrifices, my living and my dying are all for Allaah, the Lord of all that exists.” (Qur’an, 6:161-162)
5. We cannot imagine Allaah, as nothing is comparable to His Majesty.
“There is nothing similar to Him, and He is the All-Hearing, All-Seeing.” (Qur’an, 42:11)
6. Attributes of Allaah must be taken from the Qur’aan and Authentic Hadith only.
“And leave the company of those who belie (or deny) His Names.”
7. Allaah is above His Throne above the Seven Heavens.
“The Most Beneficent (Allaah) rose over the (Mighty) Throne (in a manner that befits His Majesty).” (Qur’an, 20:5)
8. Allaah answers all prayers directly without intercession.
“Verily, I am close to them, I listen to the prayer of everyone who calls on Me.” (Qur’an, 2:186)
9. Allaah has full Knowledge of the hidden and the seen and has Recorded it.
“And with Him are the Keys of all that is hidden, none knows them except Him. (Qur’an, 6:59)
10. The Believers will see Allaah only in the Hereafter.
“Some faces that Day will be shining (and resplendent) looking at their Lord.” (Qur’an, 75:22-23)