Biography: Shaykh ‘Alee Ibn Hasan ‘Abdul-Hameed Al-Halabee
Source: Imaam Al-Albanee-Center, Jordan
His Lineage and Ascriptions:
He is the Salafee Shaykh, then follower of the narrations and author of many Islaamic books and verifications, ‘Alee Ibn Hasan Ibn ‘Alee Ibn ‘Abdil-Hameed Al-Yaafee, an ascription to his place of origin (Jaffa, in southwest Palestine), Al-Halabee, his ascription (to Aleppo, Syria), Al-Urdunee, an ascription to the place his family made Hijrah to (Jordan).
He was born in the city of Zarqaa, Jordan on the 29th of Jumaadaa ath-Thaanee, 1380H.
His father and grandfather migrated to Jordan from Jaffa, Palestine in 1368H (1948) as a result of the war waged by the Jews, may Allaah’s curse be on them.
His Upbringing, Search for Knowledge and Teachers:
He began seeking knowledge when he was a little past twenty years of age. The most distinguished of his teachers was the great scholar, the Muhaddith, Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee (Rahimahu ‘Llah), and then the linguistic scholar, Shaykh ‘Abdul-Wadood Az-Zaraaree (Rahimahu ‘Llah), as well as other scholars.
He met with Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee towards the end of 1977 in Jordan. He studied “Ishkaalaat Al-Baa’ith al-Hatheeth” under Shaykh Al-Albaanee in 1981, as well as other books on the subject of Hadeeth and its Terminology.
He has Ijaazaat (religious approvals) for religious subjects, generally and for Hadeeth specifically, from numerous scholars, such as Shaykh Badee’-ud-Deen As-Sindee (Rahimahu ‘Llah), the great scholar, Muhammad Ash-Shanqeetee (Rahimahu ‘Llah) and others.
The Scholars’ Praise for Him:
Many scholars have praised him, such as:
The Muhaddith, Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee (Rahimahu ‘Llah), who while exposing the slander of the opponent of the Sunnah, Hasaan ‘Abdul-Manaan in his book “As-Saheehah” (2/720), said:
“And going to lengths in exposing his erroneous words in declaring all of these ahaadeeth to be weak – this requires that a book be written specifically for that purpose. But my time does not permit me to engage in such projects like this, so perhaps one of our brothers who are strong in this knowledge can fulfil this task, such as the brother ‘Alee Al-Halabee.”
Also refer to the Shaykh’s introduction to his book “At-Ta’aleeqaat ar-Raddiyyah ‘alaa ar-Rawdat an-Nadiyyah” and “Adaab Az-Zafaaf”, printed by Al-Maktabah Al- Islaamiyyah, and also his book “An-Naseehah.”
Shaykh Ibn Baaz (Rahimahu ‘Llah) also praised him and wrote a foreword praise for his book “Innahaa Salafiyyatul-‘Aqeedah wal-Manhaj.”
Also, Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd praised him in his book “Tahreef an-Nusoos min Maa’kath Ahlil-Ahwaa fil-Istidlaal” (pg. 93-94). 1
His Efforts In The Field Of Da’wah:
He was one of the founders of Al-Asaalah Magazine, which is printed in Jordan, and he served as one of its editors and writers.
He was one of the founders of the “Imaam Al-Albaanee Center” for Educational Research and Studies in Methodology.
He used to have a weekly article published in the Al-Muslimoon newsletter, which is printed in London and which belonged to the magazine As-Sunnah. This lasted for about two years starting from the 18th of Rabee’-ul-Awwal 1417H.
He has participated in numerous Islamic conferences, Da’wah lectures and educational seminars throughout the world and at various times. Such places include: the United States, England, Holland, Hungary, Canada, Indonesia, France and other countries.
He was invited by numerous universities in Jordan to give lectures and to participate in conferences, such as the University of Jordan, Yarmook University, Zaytoonah University, and more.
His Books And Verifications:
His written works and books that he verified exceed the number 150, and include amongst them treatises, books, hardcover volumes, and voluminous sets. From the most important works he has authored are:
2. Diraasaat ‘Ilmiyyah fee Saheeh Muslim [Educational Studies on Saheeh Muslim]
3. Ru’yatun Waaqi’iyyah fil-Manaahij ad-Da’awiyyah [A Present-Day Look at the Methodologies employed in the field of Da’wah]
4. An-Nukat ‘alaa Nuzhat-in-Nadhar [Comments on the book Nuzhat-un-Nadhar]
5. Ahkaam ash-Shitaa fee as-Sunnah al-Mutahharah [Fiqh Regulations for Rain and Winter Weather Conditions]
6. Ahkaam al-‘Eidayn fee as-Sunnah al-Mutahharah [Rulings on the Two ‘Eids in light of the Purified Sunnah]
7. At-Ta’aleeqaat al-Athariyyah ‘alal-Mandhoomah al-Bayqooniyyah [Comments to the Didactic Verses of Al-Bayqoonee]
8. Ad-Da’wah ilaa Allaah baina at-Tajammu’ al-Hizbee wat-Ta’aawun ash-Shar’ee [Muslim Unity in light of the Numerous Groups and Parties]
2. “At-Ta’aleeqaat ar-Raddiyyah ‘alaa ar-Rawdat an-Nadiyyah” of Al-Albaanee [3 volumes]
3. “Al-Baa’ithul-Hatheeth” of Ahmad Shaakir [2 volumes]
4. “Al-Hittah fee Dhikri as-Sihaah as-Sittah” of Sideeq Hasan Khaan [1 volume]
5. “Ad-Daa wad-Dawaa” of Ibn Al-Qayyim [1 volume]
6. “Al-Mutawaaree ‘alaa Abwaab Al-Bukhaaree” of Ibn Al-Muneer [1 volume], and more.