Biography: Shaykh Mashhoor Bin Hasan Aal Salmaan
Source: Markaz al-Albaanee, Jordan
His Name and Birth:
He is the Salafi Shaykh, follower of narrations and author of many valuable books and verifications, Shaykh Mashhoor bin Hasan ibn Mahmood Aali Salmaan, taking the kunyah Abu ‘Ubaydah, (Hafidhahu ‘Llah). He was born in Palestine in 1380H.
His Family, Upbringing And Search For Knowledge:
He was raised in a household of uprightness, religion and noble descent. He migrated along with his family to Jordan in 1387H (1967) because of the war with the Jews. His family settled in ‘Amman, and this is where he undertook his primary schooling. Later, he joined the College of Sharee’ah in 1400H in the section of “Fiqh and Its Principles.” So he devoted his time to studying the Islamic sciences – attending lessons, reading books and memorizing. He read and studied a great portion from the Majmoo’ of An-Nawawee (Rahimahu ‘Llah), Al-Mughnee of Ibn Qudaamah (Rahimahu ‘Llah), Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Tafseer Al-Qurtubee, Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree with the explanation of Ibn Hajr (Rahimahu ‘Llah), Saheeh Muslim with the explanation of An-Nawawee (Rahimahu ‘Llah) and much more.
He was greatly influenced by studying from the precious works of some of the past scholars, such as Shaykh-ul-Islaam Ibn Taimiyyah and his student, Ibn Al-Qayyim (Rahimahu ‘Llahu ‘anhuma). And he followed their example and learned of their manners.
His Most Distinguished Teachers:
He was also greatly influenced by his teachers – those he studied from in regular classes and those whom he would attend their gatherings of knowledge. From his most famous teachers are:
2. The Faqeeh, Shaykh Mustafaa Az-Zarqaa
His Efforts In The Field Of Da’wah:
He was one of the founders of Al-Asaalah Magazine, which is printed in Jordan, and he serves as one of its editors and writers.
He was one of the founders of the “Imaam Al-Albaanee Center” for Educational Research and Studies in Methodology.
He holds regular circles of knowledge and religious verdicts.
He participates in educational seminars and Da’wah programs.
Scholars’ Praise For Him:
His teacher, Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaanee (Rahimahu ‘Llah), has praised him in several gatherings and in several places, as can be seen in his book Silsilat al-Ahadeeth as-Saheehah (1/903):
“I learned all of this from a verification (tahqeeq) done by the noble brother, Mash-hoor Hasan, on the book Al-Khilaafiyaat.”
Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd said in his introduction to the book Al-Muwaafiqaat, which was verified by Shaykh Mash-hoor:
“So how long did I search until I saw this book, printed, checked (with tahqeeq) and worked on in the manner that befits its status…such that Allaah, by His Grace, facilitated and fulfilled this need at the hand of the ‘Allaamah (great scholar), the Muhaqqiq (verifier), Shaykh Mash-hoor Ibn Hasan Aali Salmaan.”
Books Authored And Verified:
The books he has authored and verified number over a hundred, and include treatises and books. From the most important books he has authored are:
2. Al-Jam’a baina as-Salaatayn fil-Hadr bi-‘Uthri-il-Matr [Combining Prayers while in state of residency, due to the excuse of rain]
3. Al-Hajar fil-Kitaabi was-Sunnah [Boycotting in the Qur’aan and Sunnah]
4. Kutub hadhara minhaa al-‘Ulamaa [Books that the Scholars have warned against]
5. Al-Imaam Muslim Ibn al-Hajaaj wa Manhajuhu fis-Saheeh wa Atharuhu fee ‘Ilm-il-Hadeeth [Imaam Muslim and the Methodology he used for Compiling his Saheeh, and His Effect in the Science of Hadeeth]
In the area of verification (tahqeeq), his books are various and include:
2. Al-Khilaafiyaat of Al-Bayhaqee (Rahimahu ‘Llah)
3. Al-Muwaafiqaat of As-Shaatibee (Rahimahu ‘Llah)
4. Al-‘Itisaam of Ash-Shaatibee (Rahimahu ‘Llah)
5. Al-Mujaalasah of Abu Bakr Ad-Dinawaree (Rahimahu ‘Llah)
6. Ajzaa Hadeethiyyah
7. Taalee At-Talkhees of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdaadee (Rahimahu ‘Llah)
8. Julaa Al-Afhaam of Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah.(Rahimahu ‘Llah)